Still, no genie

Greg and I spent a ton of time today, rubbing the airplane with the stick of pain, and still no genie, no three wishes…

But we did get the right wing and strake into basic contour. I’m actually very happy with them. You can see shadowing of the underlying structure most everywhere, which is kind of what we are looking for. The micro surface is the best yet when looking at rash, voids, and pin holes.

20140314-231537.jpg

You can see that we can still sand a little while longer before declaring the wings ready for microlight and epoxy wipe. We spent 8 man hours sanding today, but probably have 1.5 or so left on each wing/strake/winglet until I’ll call them good.

I also had an opportunity today to talk with Todd of Todd’s Canopies about making my wing leading edge landing light lenses. I have notes on the recommended process and materials. Stay tuned for that project.

Here is a panoramic photo of the left wing almost there, disregard the bend of the panoramic photo. 🙂

20140314-231455.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s