Oil Cooler Issues…

… Not just for the Polen during Oshkosh week.

I was otherwise occupied today doing repairs to tile floor grout, which didn’t leave much time for the workshop today. What little time I got was disappointing. I started trimming the oil cooler exit duct. When I put it into position, it was clear right away that I screwed up the form somehow. In the following photos you can see that the duct exit is too large compared to the hole that will be cut in the aluminum baffle. It would not leave any flange below the duct to allow for baffle seal material attachment. So I will either have to shrink this one, or more than likely make a completely new one. 14J is serial number 3 for a reason…

IMG_2679

IMG_2680

IMG_2681

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s