More baffles

Well. It took some effort to get the fiberglass off of the engine. But the good news is they turned out better than I expected. Before they were cleaned up, they don’t look like much.

IMG_2767
But after they were trimmed, i tried to reinstall them. As a single piece, it was too tight to get it back into position. So I decided to make them into two pieces. They install much easier that way.

IMG_2768
I had to do a repair to the top of the baffles where I rounded over the top. It didn’t look very nice, and there were sharp edges, just what I was trying to avoid. Basically it was just sand it down, add a little Flox, and layup 2 ply bid. I think it turned out pretty well. Here you can see the final product from different angles.

IMG_2776

IMG_2769

IMG_2770
Then it was on to the next side, which is basically the same process. I was able to get as far as getting the layup done. When I get home, I can de-mold it and clean it up. Then on to the intercylinder baffles.

IMG_2778
Eric was also here tonight and got a lot more of the trim wiring done. We are very close to being able to test it out. I don’t have a photo, but it was a lot of running wires and labeling them using the heat shrink label maker. Hopefully soon I will be able to post a video of trim motors running and the landing brake going up and down. 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s